Many phones today use the Qi-standard wireless charger. You can add one to your car as well. Tesla includes a wireless phone charger with all cars it currently sells. Older cars may have a retrofit available or a third-party product.
For example, Tesla used to have a wireless charger retrofit for the Model 3, but as of this listing (Feb-2021), it is no longer available.
Qi Wireless Charging Compatible Phones
- Apple iPhone: 8, 8 Plus, X, Xs, Xs Max, Xr, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- Samsung Galaxy: S6, S7, S8, S9, S10; Fold; Note 8, 9, 10
- LG: Vu, V30, G6 (US version), G7
- Microsoft Lumia: 1520, 1020, 930, 929, 928, 920
- Google Nexus 4, 5, 6; Pixel 3XL, 4, 4XL
- BlackBerry: Passport, Priv, Z30