Tesla vs. Gas Vehicle Savings Calculator
Pick a default Tesla vehicle against a competitive premium gas vehicle along with your state to get a good estimate of the cost savings beyond the vehicle costs. You can also override any values but changing the vehicles or state will reset the values associated with those choices. (Apr-2021)
Hover over some text items to get additional details and information.
Selecting a different Tesla vehicle will set a premium gas vehicle that is somewhat similar. Use the Unsync button or choose a different gas car to unsync.
|ICE fueling costs||$|
|ICE maintenance costs||$|
|EV Rebates and Credits||$|
|Tesla electricity costs||$|
|Tesla maintenance costs||$|
Additional benefits and savings by getting a Tesla over a gas vehicle…
- Safety – Tesla vehicles are some of the safest vehicles you can buy at any price.
- Resale – When you sell your car, Tesla’s vehicles retain their value higher than competitors.
- Parts Theft – No expensive catalytic converter to be stolen while the vehicle is parked.
- Your Health – With an EV, you no longer must breathe carcinogenic fueling fumes.
- Society’s Health – With an EV you are helping to reduce smog and water pollution.
- World’s Heath – Reduce the mass pollution from the extraction, refinement, and distribution of oil and gas.
- Climate – Driving your Tesla produces zero climate-damaging CO2.
- Wars – Reduces the need for endless wars over oil and gas.
- Maintenance costs are based on the national average for each vehicle and the manufacturer’s recommended service work. Your costs will vary depending on local costs.
- Non-wear item repairs are not included, as they would not result in any advantages or disadvantages.
- Rebates may have restrictions or limitations. Check your state for specific incentives and limitations.
- While the selection of gas vehicles is limited, you can pick one like something you’re considering. Update the mpg and other values. It is often difficult to find a gas vehicle in a similar size class and performance as a Tesla vehicle!
- Tesla Supercharger rate of $0.30/kWh is used for travel electricity costs.
If you are ordering a new Tesla vehicle, with a referral, you can get free 1000 miles of Supercharging on your new vehicle.
If you already own a Tesla, use your own referral code. If you are new to Tesla, you’re welcome to use our code before ordering by clicking on Free Supercharger Referral.
Compare Tesla Vehicles
You can also compare different Tesla vehicle models and variants here!